Thursday, December 3, 2009

Finally!



So, on Tuesday, December 1 I got the good news. 2 months and 4 days since the incident AND 5 Doctor visits later,I got "released" from my hand surgeon!
Now, it's been getting better, slowly but surely. I could type, change dirty diapers at work, and even play the piano a little. But now, it's official--I'm free! My pinky is still a little swollen and you can still see where my pins were, but I'm thrilled.
I've learned a lot through this entire experience. I've learned how it is to be a patient. It's really different swapping sides in the healthcare world. I'm used to being the one passing meds, educating, comforting, and mostly scrambling to get everything done. Now, I was the one taking medication, asking questions, hurting, and feeling lost.
I can tell you, that my compassion has grown leaps and bounds.

Bad things happen. We can get jumbled up, stressed out, put down, pink slipped, sleep deprived, and stretched till we snap.
But one thing always remains the same. God. He's there. He's constant. He's listening. He cares. He wants to know our soul.

Sometimes, it takes a good "down & out" for me to stop running around in my little productive circles and take the time to look up, take a deep breath, and give it up.

"Be still." Right, God. Keep reminding me.

I've learned another lesson. I wonder how many more times I'll have to learn it?

8 comments:

  1. It is a lesson I am struggling to learn. Thanks for the encouragement along the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. three cheers for the pinky finger! everyone's favorite finger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may be learning the same lessons all the time, but the point might be that we recognize our weaknesses faster each round. Pinky's are sure annoying when they go down. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna need to read this blog a lot in the next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you can change diapers now. Good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats! and way to be with learning a lesson from it;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is my Girl! Wow-- you are so wise for one your age! I can tell you are truly hanging out with the One Who is Wisdom!

    Love & Like ya!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen you since this, but still, I'm happy for you that you're mostly healed up!

    ReplyDelete