Monday, September 28, 2009

Brokenness.-(no, but really)

Sabbath i played football and hurt my finger. got x-rays.



(pic post surgery. you can see the pins)

diagnosis: impacted angulated comminuted fracture.

translation: jammed into socket, sticking out to the side of my hand. And there's loose bone fragments. AKA real bad break.

consult with a hand surgeon on sunday.
Rx: i have surgery today. general anesthesia.

no breakfast. no fluids. no work orientation.
4-6 weeks recovery. longer to start work.

i feel: frustrated, put out, hungry, cranky, angry, sad, and depressed. oh, did i mention scared?

BUT i know: that this is an opportunity to grow. i am going-- to learn to be patient with myself, learn to lean on others, learn that my time frame isn't what makes the world go around.

AND i'm so blessed. i have insurance. i have surgery right away. i have family to drive me around. and it's not my whole hand. or neck.


"THERE IS NO WISDOM, NO INSIGHT, NO PLAN THAT CAN SUCCEED AGAINST THE LORD."
PROV 21:30

(i'm glad He can make something good happen out of this)

"BE JOYFUL ALWAYS; PRAY CONTINUALLY; GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS." 1THES 4:16-18

(this is something else i can to my work-on list)

God is good. Thanks for you thoughts & prayers.

7 comments:

  1. No work for 4-6 weeks? Or for a couple days? Britter. This bites. It's not often that I tell people that they'll be in my prayers, because too many times I've forgotten...so I would just rather keep it real. Not that I don't want to, or that I don't ever...but sometimes it just doesn't happen. BUT I told that to you yesterday, and I prayed for you today. And you know what? You're going to be in my prayers later today too...just a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! you mut be one hardcore football player!

    I'm so sorry, friend. That's really good that you have health insurance though. And I bet Elisa and Emily will cook you some very tasty food as soon as you can eat it :) Love & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready to start fixing your hair- I am thinking tomorrow would be a great day for a side pony. I am glad your surgery went well. Happy Healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if you need a ride anywhere. Or if you just want me to come over and hang out, massaging your pinky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're recovery is going well! I'm so sorry this happened to you! Let me know if you want me to kiss your finger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok so your impacted angulated comminuted fracture is just begging to have a song written about it. you know, "i had an iiiim-pacted angulated coooominuted fracture!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the thought. I liked what you said about timing. It´s so true and refreshing to hear. God Bless you and I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete