Friday, July 10, 2009

I Love My Job

I love my job, But I hate it.

So, I think this has been my favorite year at camp. I feel old school, I'm more involved than I've ever been, and I love it! The staff is great, the old and the new, the volleyball is amazing, and I love my campers. Esp. this week during teen camp. Although, I'm not going to lie, there's been some hard stuff too.

I forget how blessed I am so much of the time. Last night, I was reminded of the fact, when a camper shared about her life.

That's why I'm here. You know, to be there for those late night talks over animal crackers. To listen compassionately, to hug warmly, to ask the right questions, and pray with them. It's the part of my job that I'm passionate about, but I hate it at the same time as well. I always feel so wiped out after a deep talk like that. I feel exhausted today, and Friday night is staring me in the face. It's the big night. The reason we are all here.

BUT.

But, it's not about me. In his strength, I am made perfect. So, I've gotten hugs from some of my peeps and I'm sending up prayers.

I love you all and miss you. Sorry I haven't kept up well. It's super busy and I hate being on the PC in the office.

So Milieu to my dear ones!

2 comments:

  1. Miss you too, friend! Do they still limit your computer time to 15 minutes a day? Rough.

    Hope your Friday night went well. I'm sure you're an incredible counselor! Sometimes the draining stuff is the best stuff...just hope you get refilled again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milieu! You inspire me. Way to be a soldier on the front lines.

    ReplyDelete